Because our members run businesses that are closely linked with neighbourhoods – and because they live and raise their families in those neighbourhoods as well – ALSA members and their employees are significant contributors to Alberta’s community life.
It is an ALSA practice that members should contribute back to the communities to which they owe their success. We do not regulate that giving. We do not have to. All on their own, our members are highly generous in donating both their time (as coaches, school volunteers, service club members, town and county councilors, etc.) and their money, both personal and corporate, to maintain and improve the quality of life in their communities.
Every year, ALSA members give well in excess of $1 million to local recreational, community and service organizations.
Here is a partial list of the kinds of organizations our members contribute both time and money to:
- Minor Sport
- Community Leagues
- Canadian Cancer Society http://www.cancer.ca
- Christmas Bureau
- Health Regions
- Hospice Societies
- Service Clubs (i.e. Rotary, Kinsmen, Knights of Columbus)
- United Way http://www.unitedway.ca
- Victims Services
- Ducks Unlimited http://www.ducks.ca
- Food Banks
- Historical Preservation/Restoration Societies
- Schools and Community Colleges
- Arts Organizations
- Salvation Army
- SPCA http://www.albertaspca.org
- STARS Air Ambulance http://www.stars.ca
- MADD http://www.madd.ca